Monday, February 28, 2011

Big Man on Campus

On February 28th I scheduled a meeting with my principal after school. It ended up being just a quick 5-minute meeting, because of a conflict he had. I was able to ask him two important questions. I asked him who I should talk to in order to get my project going. He responded by telling me that I need to talk to my class supervisor, Mr. Mal, because the mural involves my class and has to be approved by him.
I also asked my principal if there are any places where he think would be a good spot for me to put my mural. He brought up a very good point. He warned me that if I were to consider putting my mural on a wall, there is a  chance that it could be painted over someday, like an old mural from our auditorium. He suggested an alternative for me, and that was to have platforms that would hang in our senior courtyard for seniors to paint during their graduating year. This is a great idea, because it won't get painted over, and when there are class reunions we will be able to display it.
I plan to schedule another meeting with my principal in the next week to get more information about this idea, and see if there is a possibility of me doing it for my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment