Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dear Reader

Let me introduce myself. I have been my high school's mascot ever since my sophomore year. The reason that I chose to become the mascot of my school is because when my brother went to school there, he was the mascot. Ever since I was little I looked up to both of my siblings. It was easy to interact with my sister at school, because she was only a year ahead of me. But by the time I got to high school, as a freshman, my brother had already graduated.

While attending high school, my sister and I always participated in the same sports, clubs, and classes. I found a way to connect with her during high school, and I always felt like I would enjoy doing the same with my brother. My brother was a very well known and well liked individual at the high school. He was the class president by freshman year, all the way through his senior year. Along with that, he was the school mascot. He also created the "Red Zone", which is a group of students that wear red and cheer-on the team at games. After my freshman year there wasn't anybody who wanted to be the mascot, so I stepped up to the plate.                                                                                                                                                         When it came to deciding a project for my WISE class for my senior year I thought of all the things I could possibly do. While I was thinking, I reflected on the great success my brother had with his WISE project. His project was to bring back our high school's original mascot, the skunk. He succeeded with flying colors, and even purchased a new skunk suit. Now we are the Little Red Bears and Skunks.                                            For my project I thought it would be interesting to finish a project that my brother wasn't able to finish during his senior year. I would like to create a mural for my class. I plan to research and learn about the history of murals, and their significance in the world. I have sixteen weeks to design, approve, and create a mural on a wall in my school. During this time, I will find new ways of thinking, and I will come up with some ideas of how this mural can be created. In this blog I will document the progress of my experience with this project.
I will have to over come many challenges and fears for this project. Somethings that I fear is creating a mural that will represent a mural for my class that other classes will be able to look at  throughout the years to come. To plan and create a mural is a HUGE responsibility  on my part but I have faith that I can succeed with this challenge.      
For these next two weeks I plan to do research some facts and history of murals. Another thing I would like to research is the significances of murals and there import ants in the world. The second week I plan to talk to the principle and faultily members in my school to find out the possibilities of walls that I could create my mural on.              

No comments:

Post a Comment