Sunday, March 20, 2011

In this picture I'm working on a mural in the Public Library in the city of Ithaca. Some of my work on this mural includes painting various parts of the mountains, trees, water, and landscape. The person on the scaffolding is Mary Beth, the person in charge of the mural. While we were painting with each other, I asked her for advice on my own mural. The techniques used with this mural may be helpful when im in the designing process of my own. There are a lot of steps that need to be taken before you start painting on the wall.
Steps to making this mural
  • Sketch out design of mural
  • Sketch on grid paper to make an image that can be scaled to larger sizes
  • Use a chalk-line to make the grid on the wall, then trace over with pencil
  • Use scale image to copy onto the wall in pencil
  • Paint the background, then move up to the foreground

No comments:

Post a Comment